Friday, March 31, 2017

Quarter 3 Reflection


     This past quarter I have felt that I have improved significantly since the beginning of the year by my thinking and strategies skills. Since the beginning of the year I was taught in this class the TIQA format which has not only helped me in this class but all my other classes and while wrighting in general because every paragraph should have a topic sentence, the introduction of a quote then the quote (if needed), after the quote comes analyzing the quote. After the A it begins again with the T being a transition sentence. All through my elementary and middle school experience I was taught a paragraph was 5-6 sentences long. Once I came to this class I was taught a paragraph ended when the topic was finished and the next one started. 


     This quarter out of the books Iv'e read my favorite was Night by Elie Wiesel. It was my favorite because it not only was my favorite subject we have learned about (The Holocaust) but it made me wonder and question a lot of things that never crossed my mind and just seemed normal. For example it made me question God's reasoning on why he does things. Even though I was taught everything happens for a reason I now question what those reasoning are. I also question people ways and how they can be cruel to each other and there hatred for each other when we're all humans. Why should they be put down because of what they look like. I find Elie's story sad and also confused on why wasn't sad when he's father passes or why he blamed his father for not avoiding getting hit.  I find The Holocaust very interesting because of the reasonings Hilter gave to genosi the Jews, Gipsys, and people who argued and didn't agree with Hilter. 



     This quarter I my biggest accomplishment is turining my work on time. At the begging of the year I struggled with it a little but now I have improved on using my time wisely and getting myself back on task. I think the most challenging thing in quarter three was struggling with using my time wisely. I would zone out but I managed to get back on task by not giving up and preserving. 

   



No comments:

Post a Comment